Theory and Practice of Teaching General/Business/Academic English
Aim of the Course
The course is aimed at developing teaching skills and raising the teachers’ awareness about the main components of the teching/learning process.
The course will benefit experienced and practicing teachers of English as a foreign language who want to broaden their knowledge within the field.
Course duration — 10-12 hours
Recommended entry level of English — advanced
Brief content of the course
- Participants of the teching/learning process: teacher, students, context.
- Motivation (types of motivation, ways to raise the students’ and the teachers’ motivation)
- Pedagogical, philosophical and psycological fundamentals of teaching
- Needs analysis and syllabus design.
- Methods, approaches and techniques.
- Effective lesson planning and the teacher’s time management techniques
- Intercultural phenomena.